Monday, December 22, 2014

Boost Your Health with Gratitude

During the Holidays many people take time to be give thanks for all the good things in their life. Research shows that if you can maintain a state a gratitude throughout the rest of the year you will be rewarded with better health. Just a shift towards a positive attitude can have a dramatic effect on your overall well being. "Grateful people take better care of themselves and engage in more protective health behaviors like regular exercise, a healthy diet, regular physical examinations," says University of California Davis psychology professor Robert Emmons.

Be Grateful this Holiday season for all of the things you do have and can achieve. Let Sana Vita Studio guide you to gratitude and health with our nutritional coaching and exercise programs.

Along with a healthy diet and regular exercise, following small steps can make a big difference in the way you experience your life:
 
    1.    Write down 10 things for which you are grateful.
    2.    Reach out to one person who has made a difference in my life and tell them (verbally, in a card, an email or even social media).
    3.    Write a handwritten card to someone I love and tell them how much they mean to me.
    4.    Do one random act of kindness that I would be grateful for if someone did the same in return for me.
    5.    Write down one thing for which I am ungrateful and then write at least one thing that it has taught me and/or about which I am grateful. With this awareness, whenever the ungrateful energy starts to seep in about this one thing, I can focus on shifting to an Attitude of Gratitude.

Source Source